This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity
Have you ever wanted to use your knowledge, experience, and expertise when it comes to coordinating non-profit events that serve a great cause? Well, this may be the perfect opportunity for you!
The Elephant in the Room, Inc. is seeking a group of individuals to serve on our Special Events Committee.
Our events are designed to educate, highlight, and bring awareness to the importance of Mental health. We provide this service to communities to close the gap between those who may need help and those who receive help. As a Special Event Committee Volunteer, you will work in collaboration with the Program Coordinator and Executive Director to execute a successful event. The Special Events Committee will provide leadership for the entire event planning process. Committee Members will orchestrate the overall production, provide suggestions and advice as needed, and be prepared to make important decisions.
• Oversees the entire event and planning process
• Attend ongoing committee meetings
• Encourage creativity and the development of new and exciting ideas
• Delegate tasks and encourage volunteers at special events
• Develop leaders from within the committee for specific events
• Maintain communication amongst other committee members
• Update leadership on maintenance, progress reporting and distribution of project plans utilizing project-based planning tools.
Coordinates all logistics, vendors, and supplies needed for programs, including program agendas, schedules, volunteer assignments.
• Demonstrated experience with event design, implementation, delivery, monitoring and execution.
Must be able to work effectively under deadlines, with multiple tasks, and with individuals representing all levels within the organization
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent time management skills
Our ideal candidate is:
• An excellent communicator
• Open to suggestions and implementing new ideas
• Comfortable in the fluidity of a nonprofit environment
• Deeply passionate about Mental Health